Pink & Girly: Carrie Bloomwood
I interviewed with Carrie Bloomwood, a woman/ a girl who is an experienced make-up artist, fashion blogger, and newly fashion designer of her own brand, Varrie, discussing over her girly interpretation, her pink hair and many other girly topics.
1. Your pink hair seems to become your signature look now. What makes you have this signature look?
I've tried a couple different colors since last summer, for example, purple, blue, green and different tones of browns of course. Pink is always my favorite color and maybe it's best matching with my wardrobe. I keep pink for the longest and somehow people started recognizing me from my pink hair.
2. What do you think about the color pink? What does it symbolize for you?
I am always girlie and romantic when I mix and match my outfits. I find it the easiest for me to carry anything in pink, I sometimes even dress up in all pink. Pink is feminine and sweet and I guess most girls do love pink.
3. What is your usual style? Any favorite designer or stylist?
My usual style is girly and romantic. Honestly, I seldom wear any jeans or pants. I just love to go around in dresses or skirts as it makes me more comfy and confident. I don't really have a favorite designer but I do have a favorite brand. I love Valentino. I love the way how they present the luxurious femininity and elegance through their detailed and extraordinary designs. I would dream to have a whole wardrobe of Valentino and give up all the other ones.
4. Nail art becomes one of the major trends. What is your favorite style of nail art?
My favorite style is always the French manicure. I like simple and clean nail art. But I do love those accent colors and prints to mix and match with fashion.
5. You recently launched with your clothing line, Varrie. What is the concept and style like?
It all started at a crop top. I always wanted to find a plain crop top which can goes with all different kinds of bottoms, no matter it's a calf length skirt or a little hot pants. I was shopping one night and insisted to find one but failed. So... It is how it started. I put the crop top together with those calf length skirts I love the most and did the very first collection.
The style is a little vintage-inspired and I wish it has some Parisian touch. I keep my favorite calf length skirts in all of my collections as one of the signature items. I wish to inspire everyone to be more romantic and girly when wearing Varrie.
6. You re a make up artist, fashion blogger and now fashion designer of your own brand, how do u see yourself in 5 years?
I have been working as a makeup artist for more than 10 years now. I am happy that I find a stable job and I can spare my free time to blog and to work on Varrie. I am planning on a little project in the coming summer - it's a little establishment of my makeup career. In 5 years, I am looking forward to writing more beauty articles and maybe trying to do editing for magazine or other media. I just to share all the time.
What Carrie wears:
1. VARRIE, "eirrav" tee and red ruffle skirt, available at Polka Dot
2. Carmen Chan Jewelry, Messenger rings and pendant necklace in sterling silver and 18K gold plate
3. Tammy & Benjamin, Lizzy black leather bag
4. Ezhera, Elise Brass Necklace
5. Esther Bonte, printed silk scarf
6. Turquoise top with floral shorts, pink statement necklace and golden clutch available at Polka Dot
7. Salon Nova, Pink Safari nail art
Learn more about Carrie Bloomwood at www.carriebloomwood.com
Photos taken by Joyce Yung of Joyce Yung Photography
At Polka Dot Boutique (2/F, 29 Hollywood Road, Central Soho, Hong Kong)
Many love - CARMENX
- Where you get the latest update of my column post:
- www.shopdescreateurs.wordpress.com and www.randomartzine.com
- Where we build our internet relationship: www.facebook.com/carmenchanjewelry
- Where I post photos (nearly) daily: www.instagram.com/carmenchanjewelry
- Where you can learn more about my jewelry brand: www.carmenchanjewelry.com
- How you contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org